need some help on a radio project

Nan and Sandy Sanders esanders at erols.com
Fri Mar 5 22:52:29 CST 2004

  Hi Mike, we talked about your project at Blue ridge tonight. There was
some interest . The MP3 player looks like it will be the high cost part,
the Ramsey kits are not too bad. I looked at their web page at the
transmitter kit,amp kit and filter kit and prices are ok. Do you want to
put the whole thing together yourself? Also getting packages to you seems
to be hit or miss. How many from individuals have you got?
  All that said a few suggestions . First run as much as you can off 12
volts, fans, xmiter, MP3 player. Switcher power supplies that take 80-250
volts at 50-60 CPS are easy to get. The whole thing fans and all should not
pull more than 3 or 4 amps so a 7 amp hour gel cell would run it 2 hours or
so. You only need to put a diode between the ps and the battery if the ps
voltage is set for the float voltage ( usually 13.6 to 13.8v ) current will
self limit no bulbs required. I use this method at work from time to time
and it works well.
                                         Sandy
                                         WB5MMB