DSP group forming

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Thu Mar 18 17:44:57 CST 2004

hal <hfeinstein at cox.nospam.net> writes:

> Best Book:  The best book to learn DSP from is: "The Scientist and
> Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing", by Steven Smith. 1997,
> California Technical Publishing.  Start with this book and after
> mastering its contents, you can easily move to more advanced texts (of
> which there are many).  Its our standard text. I will bring my copy
> this Saturday to taco.

Steven Smith made his book available in its entirety, in PDF format,
for free.  See http://www.dspguide.com/

The downside of course is that unless you have a laptop and wireless,
it is difficult to read the book in the bathroom...  which is where
most of our best inspirations come to us via a process known as
"excremeditation".

Joe-Bob sez check it out...

                                        ---Rob