Appreciation

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 31 23:53:08 CST 2004

Tom,

We do have fun from time to time with all this radio stuff.

The LF network analyzer was an outcome of  a nagging problem we had in
finding a good analysis of how a current transformer really works.  That
led to a theoretical analysis that after a bunch of head scratching, let
us predict how a current transformer works at RF frequencies when it is
not terminated into a short circuit.  The only in-depth work we could
find was in a 1932 engineering handbook by Pender.  Alas that work was
not directly applicable.

We are somewhat amazed that over all these years nothing has been
published, at least where we looked, that explained these simple devices
and that we were plowing over undisterbed ground on this.  My EE
professor at K-State would have been proud that one of his students got
so much out of his course 40 years ago.

It is nice to see someone understands and cares about such an obscure
subject.  Have you  built any of this up and tried it out?

73,

Frank K0BRA (Kansas/Missouri transplant)