Chernobyl a tourist spot???

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Sat Apr 10 15:04:12 CDT 2004

"Bob Bruhns" <bbruhns at erols.com> writes:

> People tell me it is plausible that a Gen-X Russian girl would speak that
> kind of Americanized English..

She doesn't.  It has been "cleaned up" by a (presumably volunteer)
editor.  I liked the original narrative better - a charming
combination of English as spoken by a native Russian speaker and biker
slang ("no stoplights, no police, no danger to hit some cage or some
dog" - "cage" is a derisive term motorcyclists use for cars and pickup
trucks).

If you'd like to see how the site has evolved over the past month or so,
check out the following:

http://new-valhalla.seastrom.com/kiddofspeed-20040308/
http://new-valhalla.seastrom.com/kiddofspeed-20040328/
http://new-valhalla.seastrom.com/kiddofspeed-20040408/