Electric brake controler vs RF

Robert Stratton bob at stratton.NET
Fri Oct 8 05:18:38 CDT 2004

You're right to be wary though. I had a car (Audi 5000) that would
floor the accelerator if I keyed a 2 meter HT while the cruise control
was active.

The good news was that it was a very localized phenomenon. The bad news
was that there were several places where I could position the HT and
reproduce it.

That model had a reputation for "unintended acceleration." The
government and the company seemed to think that it was caused by people
not remembering to put a foot on the brake when shifting from "Park."
I'm pretty well convinced that RFI probably the culprit for some of
those cases.