Radio Re-Volt

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 10 21:41:49 CDT 2004

It seems the general public wants to get into the radio broadcasting
business with 1 watt FM stations that clearly exceed FCC Part 15.  By
blanketing a city, I suspect the FCC would choose to ignore this thorny
technical problem and instead expend their legal writing resources on
new rules to ligitimize this operation to just avoid interference with
the local FM stations.

I think a one watt FM station for our AMRAD disaster van would be a
useful addition.  Part 15 is too limiting for important disaster work
and we should not have to be so tightly constrained.

See http://projects.walkerart.org/radio/

Frank K0BRA