Ham Radio Exhibit at Digital Edge Expo??

Daniel Schultz n8fgv at usa.net
Thu Sep 2 05:18:56 CDT 2004

Channel 4 TV in Washington has a "Digital Edge Expo" every September, this
year on September 18 and 19, at the Washington Convention Center, see
http://www.nbc4.com/digitaledgeexpo/index.html for details.

I was there last year, they get a lot of traffic and there are booths from
many non profit organizations and community groups. I am wondering if all of
(or some of) the amateur radio clubs in the Washington area would be
interested in staffing a booth throughout the weekend, to show the crowd of
technology savvy visitors what modern ham radio is all about. The "Broadband
over Powerline" advocates have been portraying ham radio operators as a bunch
of old fuddy-duddies who are behind the times. This would be a good chance to
show a large crowd of people what modern ham radio is all about.

Is there any chance that we could organize such a thing in the time remaining?
This is more than one person or club can do, please contact your respective
radio clubs and any other club contacts that you may have to see if the
members are interested in doing this.

Dan Schultz N8FGV