tdd software

Richard Barth Richard.Barth at noaa.gov
Thu Dec 23 10:12:06 CST 2004

Dave,

Sorry, I don't know of any such software.  I'd have to wonder whether the
hardware would permit it, since the tones used by a TDD are totally
different from those used by a standard ASCII computer modem.
Unfortunately I'm in no position to answer the question I've raised -- I
don't own a Blackberry, have never used one, and don't  know if its
internal modem tones are hardware or software generated using a DSP or
something.

I'm passing your question along to group of techie friends who may have
more experience with the subject than I do.  If so, we should be hearing
from one of them.

Dick