Exhaust Manifold

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 29 21:55:32 CST 2004

We has a work party and attempted a repair of the exhaust manifold on
the AMRAD van by removing it and replacing it with a new one. Many
helping hands turned out and the old one was cracked into two parts but
was removed without breaking off any bolts.

However, the new one did not have the same fitting to go to the exhaust
pipe going to the muffler.  I took the manifold back to the auto store
and they agree that it is not right.  After consultation with other
stores etc etc they are ordering another manifold that is in stock in St
Louis.  It is expected to take around 5 days to arrive.

We will see if it will attach to the exhaust pipe when it arrives.

Meantime, enjoy the new year.

Frank K0BRA