Hams mapped by Google Maps

Iain McFadyen mcfadyenusa at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 14:16:59 CST 2005

Forwarded courtesy of another local club. Credits are acknowledged below.

Interesting application! Wonder why the information is out of date. It starts
a fairly large download when you click the URL below.

I'm not listed in 22101, however Andre is.

Iain   KI4HLV

*********************************
> To: <vws at viennawireless.org>
>
> This is an interesting application.  You enter a zip code and it displays
all the amateur radio operators in that zip code on a map (from the 11/16/05
ARRL Contest Rate Sheet):

> Fans of the wonderful things programmers are doing with on-line
> mapping will enjoy the ham location application at
> http://www.perconcorp.com/google_ham.html. Apparently, the database used is
a little dated, but the idea is fresh - enter a zip code and find out where
the hams are in your area! (Thanks, Dick N6AA and Bob N6TV)