Meet CLIVE

Richard Barth w3hwn at comcast.net
Wed Apr 26 15:49:00 CDT 2006

At 02:37 PM 4/26/2006, you wrote:

>Problem is, ... I think nowadays you'd be visited by the FAA, and quite a lot
>of other organisations with TLAs, (Three Letter Acronyms: You know what I
>mean...) if you started intentionally or accidentally shining green lasers
>into the cockpits of the ISS or any other aircraft/spacecraft!
>
>Iain   KI4HLV

Your thinking is correct.  There was recently a newspaper article
about somebody
who got busted for shining a green laser into the cockpit of a
commercial airliner.
It was done during landing, when the perp had a clear shot into that
window, but
there might be some unhappiness if green lights pointed at aircraft
at any altitude.

Whether a handheld laser would reach the altitude of the ISS, or
whether the TLAs
would have an interest, I is still open to question.  Anybody have an idea?

Richard Barth *** W3HWN at ARRL.NET *** Silver Spring, MD