Hydrogen fuel cell

Robert Stratton bob at stratton.NET
Wed May 17 09:34:14 CDT 2006

On 2006-05-16 23:09, "Nan and Sandy Sanders" <esanders at erols.com> wrote:

> Examples
>
> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151687
>
> also
> http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?s=a5271ab25884e80f421076d73ed
> 7f91e&t=1584

I've seen my share of Li+ cell fires, but the fact that those RC people are
seeing so many with Li-polymer cells is a little surprising. I would have
expected it with cells containing metallic Lithium, not necessarily these.

They are insidious though. I noted his comment about one taking 54 minutes
after the insult to runaway..I saw one that waited 3 hours after physical
damage but then detonated.

I'm almost surprised the Consumer Product Safety Commission lets people have
them in mobile phones. Let a couple of reporters get ahold of those RC
modeler articles, and you'd see the hue and cry on TV for weeks.

--Bob