Fw: DSL Filtering

riese-k3djc at juno.com riese-k3djc at juno.com
Mon Jun 26 11:10:47 CDT 2006

Q2: Can the whole house line be split at the entry point into an
unfiltered direct connection of the DSL modem and a single filter for
all the other service?

(Is what I did. I have a lot of phones one per room damn near. I ran the
jumper feed from
the outside to a common point inside and added a term block , mounted a
phone jack and added one
filter in series with all the phones and then ran one jumper ,, pre
filter to the DSL jack.
all was OK. however the room that has the DSL I still had noise on that
room's
phone. The run for the DSL and phone were side by side. I just had to add
another filter to the phone
in that room

Q3: Does a filter block the DSL high frequency stuff from the phone, or
does the filter block stuff from phones and other equipment from getting
back into the DSL modem?

it keeps the DSL signal out of the phones,, actually sounds like white
noise, F Y I. I have had troubles with the
telephone service. Last time the NIJ jack failed and had enough of a
short to make the line go Perm Off hook
DSL still worked,,, DSL appears to be very robust
thank god as VERIZON isnt

HAR

Bob K3DJC