middle east

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Fri Jul 14 14:37:16 CDT 2006

    A good use for regenerative braking. Electricity generated by
braking is doubly efficient and you can avoid the drag of the panel.
Anyway I believe most cars these  days suck down a lot of amps running
all the electronics needed for a modern engine to function.  Could a
small panel provide the juice? I think a good place to jump in the train
is the first U joint after the transmission. On the up power side it
would be in a fixed location relative to the tranny so power take off
would be mechanically possible with a pulley (if you bolt the alternator
to the tranny/engine).  Seems you could wire the voltage regulator right
to the brake peddle (brake light switch?) which would simplify control.
Under engine power you would freewheel the alternator. You would
generate juice only when braking. How could you calculate pulley size?
    I think we have a lot of "Iron" on our roads.  Stop gap measures
will be needed till we can retool. Hams know some electricity and most
certainly have a  history of tinkering, which puts us in a good position
to help.

--

No electrons were harmed in the creation of this message