middle east

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 14 22:06:43 CDT 2006

Ah yes.  This is the version that responds to the portly gentleman who
steps onto the entry step by lifting the rear wheels off the ground and
then when he steps to the other side and sits down, the front wheels
lift off the ground.  It leaves the hapless bus driver, who never took a
course in physics and thus does not understand the right hand rule, in a
quandary.

But, the story has a good ending.  Our portly gentleman, who *did* study
physics, looks down at his right hand and curved fingers, realizes the
problem and steps to the middle aisle way, grabs a strap and now all
four wheels return to the ground.  The befuddled bus driver, presses
forward on his route not realizing what was happening and mused that Art
Bell would agree that his bus was momentarily abducted by aliens.

Frank