another productive day in the attic

Terry Fox wb4jfi at knology.net
Sat Aug 26 11:13:18 CDT 2006

Actually, when I said 30 meter antenna, I meant 17 meter dipole.  It resonates OK at 18.140MHz.  However, when I tried it today, some RF from it gets into the 720, causing the display to blink some.  I will need to move the antenna a little to reduce the RF in the shack.

I also just "recovered" a 1GHz AMD computer from a friend, and will put it in the shack.  A better sound card will help it work better than the current laptop.

I also found an old SSB Cb rig that was converted to 10 meters about 30 years ago.  I put it on the bench to check out sometime soon.  Now, I guess that means yet another antenna (for 10 meters)!!  I almost purchased a Radio Shack HTX-10 10-meter rig on ebay, but decided to try the CB set first.  I could put up a PropNet probe station fairly easily, albiet at low-power.

Hal, are you ready to try a sked on 40, 20, or 17 meters?
Terry