505 khz experimentals up and running

hal feinstein hfeinstein at cox.net
Sat Sep 30 09:59:40 CDT 2006

I ran across the URL of a real time lightning map by
a company called VAISALA.  The map shows lightning
strike density across the US.  Unfortunately the free version
available here is 30 min back.

https://thunderstorm.vaisala.com/tux/jsp/explorer/explorer.jsp

On a slightly different topic monitoring activity of the experimental
stations operating in the 505 khz band is in full swing.
These stations are operating with a FCC part 5 experimental license
and sign WD2XSH/nn from around the country with
a bunch of stations providing listening reports. I'm watching their
reflector and the results are interesting.

-hf