More on sound cards

Chuck Watts, W4XP w4xp at comcast.net
Tue Oct 3 06:41:23 CDT 2006

Terry et el:

I find the discussion on this reflector about pc-based sound cards and the
application in SDR to be a bit of history in the remaking.  For about six or
so years this same topic has been thrashed around on the LINRAD and related
reflectors.  There is an incredible amount of information, some empirical,
some laboratory based, on the Delta44 and other cards being used by
experimenters for SDR.  I'd recommend starting here http://www.sm5bsz.com/
and reading some of the work Lief and others have done in this ongoing
search for the "perfect" sound card for SDR applications.

Chuck