Marine Corps Marathon

Tom Azlin, N4ZPT n4zpt at cox.net
Sun Oct 8 20:59:23 CDT 2006

Thanks again Frank.

I understand that Sandy is working on the Van and the frame for the top
of the mast to lighten it and to add secondary rotators.  And that
Maitland has the ID-1/computer well in hand.  And that Iain is working
the packet radio part of supporting an AID Stations.

Next challenge...   Even with the pneumatic mast, Helias, and the high
gain Yagi I am not sure there is a good path between the gateway at the
Iwo Jima Memorial and the location of the antennas above AID 2/3.

Icom America said they will loan us more ID-1s if we can use them.
Maitland and the rest of us with the ID-1s have learned how to be a two
way digital repeater with two ID-1s back to back.  We are getting some
antennas as a donation.   Could AMRAD ( perhaps along with the MD/DC
ARES folks) look into finding a temporary location to put this relay?  I
can run some path profiles tomorrow after we finish on-course path
testing to the other AID stations.

Thanks and 73, Tom n4zpt

--
Tom Azlin n4zpt