Fw: [softrock40] v6 transceiver

Terry Fox wb4jfi at knology.net
Mon Oct 9 12:39:59 CDT 2006

FYI... Terry

----- Original Message -----
From: kb9yig
To: softrock40 at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2006 8:59 AM
Subject: [softrock40] v6 transceiver

Good Morning All,

v6 transceiver

This weekend I have combined the v6 SoftRock receiver with the one-
watt exciter designed by the UK design group, (G0BBL, M0PUB and
G8BTR), into a one board single band transceiver. The board size is
3.5 inches by 2.4 inches with all circuits fitting comfortably on
the board. Certain economies result from putting both RX and TX
function on a single board such as getting rid of the header/socket
pairs to connect between multiple boards and using a shared group of
74HC74 devices for dividing the oscillator signal by 4 or 8. The
single board will have all the functionality of the proposed three
board SoftRock/exciter stack.

I think the single board approach could result in a little SDR
transceiver kit priced around $40 as compared to a SoftRock plus
exciter board stack that would come in at a total cost of closer to
$50.

I would be interested in your thoughts on going this route instead
of the three board stack for the v6 transceiver.

Two cautions are that production of the v6 exciter still waits for a
positive conclusion that the performance meets FCC requirements for
spurious emissions and kit cost goals can be met.

Thanks and 73,
Tony KB9YIG

__._,_.___
Messages | Files | Photos