Some sound ard testing

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Tue Oct 10 09:50:24 CDT 2006

Frank and others:
I haven't found the software that Duncan Monro used to do the testing of SB
cards yet (site: http://www.m0kgk.co.uk/sdr/soundcards.php), but here are a
few ideas.

The DL4 site has Spectrum Lab.  It can use either a sound card or other
device.  Obviously, using a sound card to test sound cards is questionable
at best.  A dedicated A/D & D/A independent of any sound cards would be
best.  http://people.freenet.de/dl4yhf/spectra1.html

Dazy Web site has some software-based test equipment:
http://infinitespectra.com/HomePage.html

Rightmark audio suite.  Look at RightMark Audio Analyzer (RMAA):
http://audio.rightmark.org/index_new.shtml

True Audio TrueRTA, has a simple free version, then one that adds features
that cost $$:  http://www.trueaudio.com/rta_abt1.htm

There are more tools out there, but these are ones I have bookmarked in the
past.

I just broke down and ordered a used Sound Blaster Extigy (USB) sound card
via ebay, and a new M-Audio Delta 44.  Both should be available fot testing
at some point.

All for now.
Terry