Fw: [softrock40] Audio board tests

Terry Fox wb4jfi at knology.net
Mon Oct 16 20:24:34 CDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Marco IK1ODO
To: softrock40 at yahoogroups.com ; Ciao_Radio_newsgroup_ at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 4:31 PM
Subject: [softrock40] Audio board tests

Hi all,

I performed some more tests on different audio boards. Here are my results:

M-audio Audiophile 192
Maximum sampling rate: 192kHz
Useable band: 85kHz (limited by antialiasing filter and image rejection)
Maximum input signal: 4V RMS
Dynamic range measured at 10kHz in 2.4kHz band: 123 dB
Note: noise increases approx. 5dB per 10kHz from 25kHz up. Too much
noise over 45kHz.

Creative Soundblaster USB model SB0490
Maximum sampling rate: 96kHz
Useable band: 24kHz (limited by antialiasing filter)
Maximum input signal: 1.85V RMS
Dynamic range measured at 10kHz in 2.4kHz band: 105 dB
Note: flat noise, antialiasing filter is fixed at 24kHz, does not
change with sampling rate

M-audio Delta 44
Maximum sampling rate: 96kHz
Useable band: 44kHz (limited by antialiasing filter)
Maximum input signal: 4V RMS
Dynamic range measured at 10kHz in 2.4kHz band: 108 dB
Note: flat noise

I'm waiting for delivery of an E-MU 1616. I will post test results
for it as soon as possible.

73 - Marco IK1ODO

__._,_.___
Messages in this topic (35) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
Messages | Files | Photos

  a..  40New Members
  b..  3New Files
Visit Your Group