WWV watches

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Oct 28 08:58:35 CDT 2006

Let me ask AMRAD group a question.

A friend showed me his WWV wrist watch and said it would update any time anywhere from WWV.  I disagreed and said that yes, something with a 1 inch antenna might at some time of the day might just get a strong enough signal to update, but that I doubt it couild update on demand, becaue there are times when the band is no good.

But inside the building he pushed the button and it updated in under 4 minutes which is the specified time to get a setting.

I suspect this is not HF WWF, but must be some commercial signal carried on an FM broadcast statio or ssomething?  Anyone have any ideas?

Bob, WB4APR