AMRAD Dumpster Dive Saturday

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 2 19:47:55 CST 2006

AMRAD has been offered the opportunity for members to attend a
pre-dumpster session at a warehouse near the lab so members can take
whatever they like before the rest goes into the dumpster.

This gear was specially built for the 800 MHz range as prototypes for a
special large scale test.  It includes some DSP chassis, some RF chassis
with internals built by Interad Ltd.  Lots of SMA cabling and little
boxes sealed up with gosh knows what inside.  I do see some MiniCircuits
SMA splitter boxes.  Some if not most of this gear is in 10.5 inch rack
mount boxes fitted with fans and nifty drop down doors in the front.
Once stripped of its insides the boxes could be a basis for all sorts of
RF and Computer projects.  There are about 35 various rack mount boxes
like this so everyone should get one or more to take home.

There are some Lambda power supplies, GPS receivers, and all sorts of
odds and ends inside too.

The plan is to meet at tacos and then convoy out to the lab and thence
to the dumpster dive site.  Here is a chance for everyone to stock up on
lots of good pieces for winter projects.

I really hate to see any of this make it to the dumpster and we have
been offered a great opportunity to prevent this.

Frank K0BRA