[Fwd: Re: SKYWARN Recognition Day]

Randy Sly, W4XJ w4xj at arrl.net
Thu Nov 9 08:20:09 CST 2006

Dick,

There will be several operating positions for SKYWARN Recognition Day. We
will have a comm trailer (from Brian WC4J) running HF and Echolink/IRLP, two
operating positions in the NWS conference room for HF phone and digital, and
HF CW at the SKYWARN desk in the operations area.

My hope for the van is to run an aggressive VHF/UHF operation this year on
FM and SSB. I would like for us to try and contact as many counties in our
county watch area as possible, to see what our capabilities are. Contacts
can be through repeaters as well as simplex, so we can go after all of the
longer reach repeaters.

Hope this helps!

73,

Randy Sly, W4XJ
Amateur Radio Coordinator, SKYWARN
National Weather Service, Baltimore/Washington

When all else fails... Amateur Radio!