RCA research labs

hal feinstein hfeinstein at cox.net
Tue Dec 26 22:00:42 CST 2006

The history is stranger still.   GE bought RCA in 1986.
GE has  GE Research, its in-house R&D outfit so Sarnoff was redundant
and GE
decided to (get this) donate it to SRI  for the tax write-off.
SRI still lists Sarnoff Corp as a subsidiary.

http://www.answers.com/topic/sri-international-inc
http://www.sri.com/about/spin.html

--hf