TACSAT launch from Wallops Island.

Glenn Baumgartner gbaumgartner2 at cox.net
Wed Dec 27 18:59:48 CST 2006

You guys don't remember the REAL ...TACSAT.. UHF milsatcom bird of the
60's.. weighted close to half a ton as I remember. Three Monster helix
antennas,   IT was THE FATHER of all UHF military  (Fleetsat, LEASAT, UFO,
etc) and civilian satellites....more or less....since the NASA  ATS -1 and
AST -3 birds were actually VHF 149 and 136 MHz and they really were first.
These latest "TACSAT" birds are not the real thing.. but then again the REAL
TACSAT  (first one ) didn't glow in the dark either did it!! Rats!  Oh well
those who cannot remember history are doomed to repeat it.  Not all bad
sometimes.