Wow, what a revolutionary new idea ...:-)

Frank Gentges metavox at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 25 08:51:44 CST 2007

When I was a young student of engineering, we had a whole hallway of
labs where we would spend time analyzing various circuits.  No efforts
were required on synthesizing a circuit from scratch such as flashing
lights etc.

I must assume from this that the students at Berkley are shielded from
such worldly matters as building circuits.  Now, along comes the IEEE
questioning such a fence and even providing a grant of $2500 to
encourage students to attack the university and and tear down the fence.

With the price of such labs, universities would rather teach such things
as political science and discourage engineering departments from
spending money on such expensive foolishness.  Computer simulations are
much better and more cost effective.  Lab equipment quickly gets out of
date and then more money is needed to replace it again.  Engineering
schools are seen as being inefficient at producing graduates and efforts
like the IEEE is seen as counterproductive.

This is nothing more than a well scripted effort by outsiders to poison
young minds with vile thoughts.  Next thing you know, they will be
trying to poison their minds with amateur radio.

Frank K0BRA