Seisms & Sferics

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 30 20:14:21 CST 2007

The sferics part seems to now be in a device called StormScope and
multiple plots are probably combined for the input for the current map
display.

The microseisms are being watched by amateur seismologists but not used
to detect hurricanes as far as I know.

I have a real nice seismometer detector and would like to set it up.  It
needs a seismically quiet place and a nice outcropping of bedrock to
place it on would be nice.  Finally, we would like a good broadband
Internet connection so the real time data can be passed back to the
house for processing and display.

For a good web page and info on the amateur seismic work go to

http://www.seismicnet.com/

They have a news reflector if you are really interested in seeing the
days thinking on all this.

Frank K0BRA