Man flies with jet-pack

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 2 23:23:42 CST 2007

I don't quite understand why one would choose to test/demonstrate such
an unusual machine over such rugged terrain.  A true experimenter would
approach such a device in measured steps of difficulty and expand the
performance envelope a bit at a time.

I am impressed with the methodical approach the Wright brothers used to
develop their manned flight machines step by step.  My training as an
engineer teaches me to abhor attempting such a large jump in technology
especially where the consequences of error are fatal.

"Don't be a show-off. Never be too proud to turn back. There are old
pilots and bold pilots, but no old, bold pilots."
     E. Hamilton Lee, 1949

Frank