And another one bites the dust..

Richard Barth w3hwn at comcast.net
Fri Feb 16 11:50:20 CST 2007

Yes, it was a different world then.  You could walk into a store and
buy parts, not hunt for a place on the net that will sell you what
you want in less than truckload quantities.

The Comm Center (convenient to us Marylanders.)  Another ham shop in
Silver Spring that close maybe 35 years ago.  The place in Vienna
that was an AMRAD hangout in the days of Pizza for Saturday
breakfast.  Arlington Electronics.  NYC had Radio Row, where I worked
one summer between high school and college.  Lafayette Electronics
that was an easy bike ride from home in those days.

Those were the days, he said, his gray hair showing.  :-)