solar flux via RSS?

Shannon Mishey smishey at mishey.com
Wed Apr 11 20:05:41 CDT 2007

I love chasing DX (when I actually have the time), but I have never
found watching the MUF charts or solar flux terribly useful to be
honest.  With a broad brush it tells you, "well I am certainly not
working 15 meters today", but it doesn't tell you who you might be
able to speak to and on what frequency.   Personally I am a big fan
of DX clusters.  They are really old school, and nothing is happening
high speed and low drag like RSS, it is pure TELNET baby!    I use
the DX cluster to find a sampling of what other operators are hearing
around the US, its empirical data that you can use and not just a
pretty chart.   They also periodically flash some stats like the
following across the terminal:  WWV: SFI=69  A=4  K=1 NO STORMS ; NO
STORMS 4/12/2007 00:00Z

I like the K3NC cluster in Fredericksburg, but there is a whole list
of them here:
http://www.dxcluster.info/telnet.shtml

Since you are in the PSK31 stuff a lot these days, you might enjoy
the fact that there is a lot of reporting on who is on what frequency
and if they are running PSK31, etc.  It is also very useful when you
are chasing rare DX and there is a massive pileup and you keep on
missing the QSL manager's call.   All of those details get blasted
over the cluster pretty frequently.

So I totally avoided your question, but perhaps this will help you?

And who cannot love TELNET?   I know you prefer Lynx over Firefox....