Field Day 2007 VHF/UHF Station

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 22 18:21:48 CDT 2007

Iian,
Since APRS this year is suggesting GENERIC callsigns, you should
be able to work any ARRL section from anywhere.  For example, we
will be MDC-1 for Maryland DC (1st station on the air)...

To work APRS stations in NVA, try sending a message to NVA-1,
etc...

To make this work, APRS FD stations do two things:
1) Put an OBJECT on the map with their chosen SSS-# call
2) Add their SSS-# to their MESSAGE GROUP.

That way, the Igate system will send any SSS-# messages back to
RF in your area, and you will see it since it is in your message
group.

Good luck

Bob, WB4aPR

Field Day.