Video games and hams at E3

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Fri Jul 13 07:45:41 CDT 2007

"Kevin P. Inscoe" <kevin at inscoe.org> writes:

> Gallagher: When I was on the Hill, in the administration, in the
> spectrum space, the radio frequency spectrum, there's a group of users
> called the ham radio operators, or the amateurs. There are 800,000 of
> them in the United States, that's all....

143k more of that as of February (last time I loaded the data).
Probably over 950k total by now; this was before the bump that we got
across all classes after the code went away.

mysql> select count(*) from am ;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|   943884 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select class, count(*) from am group by class ;
+-------+----------+
| class | count(*) |
+-------+----------+
|       |    19642 |