TV Detector Vans with URL

Bob Bruhns bbruhns at erols.com
Sun Jul 15 08:57:05 CDT 2007

I don't know, but the idea of licensing a TV receiver is a bit Orwellian.

In the USA, TV ratings companies used to go around looking for your local oscillator, and they would
figure out what channel you were watching, and they would score another viewer for that station.

I see third and fourth harmonics of FM radio local oscillators at considerable distances, too.  There is
usually some narrowband, muffled modulation from the AFC loop.  I suppose radio receivers could be
licensed as well.

  Bob, WA3WDR