Doherty Amplifier

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Mon Aug 6 20:48:27 CDT 2007

Indeed, RCA marketed this set up as the Ampliphase.
In my misspent youth, I worked for RCA International, and remember the
Ampliphase transmitters quite well.
It worked very well on the medium wave band (known in the US as the AM
band) but was more difficult to use on HF, mainly because returning it
was quite touchy.
(In HF broadcasting some of the station's transmitters need to be
returned to another HF band every couple of hours of so).
73
André