Information request

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Thu Aug 9 11:44:31 CDT 2007

David Aitcheson - KB3EFS wrote:

> I need input on a spectrum analyzer.  The one that the boss has in mind
> is on the web at
> http://test1.contenttest.net/Spektrumanalysator_en.shtml
>
> Specifically the "SPECTRAN® HF-2025E Rev. 3"

  I saw in that page that the name SPECTRAN is followed by the circled R meaning "Registered"
Can they register a name that is already being used (by me) since many years for my program SPECTRAN ?
I don't know the US legislation about names registration, so that's why I am asking. Could eventually they force me to
abandon the use of the name SPECTRAN for my program ? Is the registration of a name in the US valid only for the US, or
is it valid worldwide ?

Thanks for any clarifications.

73  Alberto  I2PHD