Disaster ID

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Mon Sep 3 10:20:59 CDT 2007

Tom Azlin, N4ZPT wrote:
> This may be one instance of that Paul.
>
> http://www.virginiafrac.com/index.html
>
> 73, Tom n4zpt
>
> Paul Rinaldo wrote:
>> Gang,
>>
>> The Department of Homeland Security has been working on this for some
>> time. I saw the story on TV and understood that DHS is developing
>> standards... a model ID card. Ultimately, it's up to the local
>> government what IDs they accept and may wish to issue their own.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> Feds plan IDs to restrict volunteers at disasters (Associated Press
>> via CNBC)
>>
>> Some say program would shield first first responders from needed
>> criticism

looks to me like a brilliant lobbying effort by someone to
get their system sanctified. the irony of it being called
"FICS" (say it out loud) is overwhelming.

this is yet one more way to centralize and concentrate power.

so the message they are sending is that a good citizen, rather
than taking any responsibility for his neighborhood, should
just sit back and wait for the "trained professionals" to
ride to the rescue.  the overwhelming effectiveness of
this approach was amply demonstrated in the Katrina fiasco.

"Don't worry Citizen, the Government is on its way to help you!"

harumph

	-mo