Potential AMRAD member fails clip lead test

Philip Miller Tate Philmt59 at aol.com
Thu Sep 6 08:32:59 CDT 2007

Dear Frank

Currently, at least in the UK (and I'm sure Brian will testify to
this), it is not sufficient simply to welcome all potential members,
but 'positive' discrimination and active recruiting of minority group
members may be a legal requirement. However, as a qualified physical
chemist, I am willing to accept that it may be both unreasonable and
unsuccessful to attempt to extract a subscription from a member who
has achieved thermodynamic equilibrium. Achieving ambient temperature
is an acceptable test of this state, irrespective of any resistive
heating attained en route.

It is sad to recognize that several individuals, usually housewives,
in the UK die each year when attempting to use faulty washing
machines that are leaking water onto a wet floor, when the user is
barefoot. I mean, several. Having said that, it's high time we took
steps to reduce our mains supplies to 120V - a lot safer.

Regards,

Phil M1GWZ