[Fwd: Important Notice regarding your subscription to RF Design Magazine]

Frank Gentges metavox at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 27 12:27:49 CDT 2007

Tacoistas,

RF Design Magazine is/was one of best free trade journals and was
specialized on RF issues.  They are now sooo *pleased* to stop
publication.  Phooey!!

<RANT ON>
I am not pleased that they will roll up their future work into a web
site and other places.  In six months, little if any will remain, I fear.

Oh, well, I guess they just could not find enough RF engineers to sign
up so they could not get the advertising needed to support their free
magazine.

Engineering schools did not ever do well teaching RF and the future does
not look good.  Just catch Glenn at tacos and ask him about today's
engineering graduates.

I suggest all AMRAD members carefully store away their copies of Termin
and Henney.  These may become the main source of knowledge in the arcane
field of RF.

Meanwhile, we see RF systems released with little if no RF diagnostics
and engineers are left to rely on chip makers to produce their wares on
highly integrated chips  of tiny slabs of silicon and other strange
semiconductors from secret back room cauldrons.

But, you ask, where will the future chip designers get their knowledge?
.......(crickets chirping)

<RANT OFF>

Frank K0BRA