6 Meter Midland Mobile Radios

Frank Gentges metavox at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 26 16:45:48 CST 2007

Mike and All,

I called Midland and found that another manual is needed with the one I
already got.

The current manual covers the case wiring and the power amplifier.  The
new manual I was missing covers the exciter and the receiver.  I did
note this manual does state direct FM which bodes well for adding a data
mode with FSK and DuoBinary FSK.

When I get the new manual, it may be obvious how to modify the radio for
data.  We will see.

Meantime, the number of these radios keeps growing amongst the members
as Mike keeps finding, fixing, programing and distributing them.

Frank K0BRA