First, CompUSA Closes Underperforming Stores and Now Dumps the Rest

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 7 21:35:01 CST 2007

Tacoistas,

It wasn't too long ago that the CompUSA store near us in Tyson's Corner
was closed.  The stores that were performing well were kept open.

Now, they are closing out the whole bunch.  Even their best stores were
not performing well enough to keep open.  They will be liquidating over
the holidays.  Few if any will be sold as working businesses.  Beware of
the false bargains everyone was seeing during the first round of closings.

see
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2007-12-07-compusa-sold_N.htm

For several years I found CompUSA a big box store without the
interesting things or bargains that justified my gas and time to visit.
  Instead, MicroCenter seemed to have gotten the right mix for my taste.

Frank K0BRA