Kaspersky Internet Security

outgoing.verizon.net andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Sat Dec 15 20:26:53 CST 2007

Gang,

For your information and guidance, I have encountered a certain number
of serious problems with Kaspersky's Internet Security program.

(I had installed Kaspersky at the reecommendation of a  --now former--
friend).

Specifically, from time to time, and for no obvious reason, it would
refuse to allow my laptop to access Wikipedia, offering some terse
advice to the effect that "access to this URL is forbidden" (or words to
that effect).

Deleting that program from my computer proved difficult, to say the
least. Although I used the "Add or Remove Programs" feature of
WindowsXP,  certain bits and pieces remained on the hard-disk. After
that, the computer would start to boot up, but would stop after showing
the welcome screen.

Finally, I had to resort to re-install the operating system (great joy)
and all the programs (more joy).

I have now replaced this &*%$#*& Kaspersky program with ESET NOD 32 (as
on my other computers), and it appears to operate very well.

73
André N4ICK