HP Docs

Gary Chatters gc-ar-l at garychatters.com
Sun Dec 23 09:22:09 CST 2007

Agilent is doing a good job of making application notes available as
PDFs at their web site.  AN-150, Spectrum Analysis Basics, is available
in two resolutions.  The PDF available directly from Agilent is a newer
edition of the one available from JPL.  There are also at least 14
supplements to AN-150, for example, AN-150-4, Spectrum Analysis: Noise
Measurements.

Agilent has also been scanning old application notes and making them
available.  The popular AN-52,  Frequency and Time Standards, published
back in 1961, is now available online.  In addition to application notes
they also have user and service manuals available.  These are not just
for current models, which you would expect, but many older discontinued
models as well.   To see what they had I searched for the 5345A, which
they do have, and the 5245L, which is in their table but no manual
available.

Agilent states that they have installed a newer search capability as of
November.  I only tried a couple of searches with it.  It did not always
bring up all of the entries that I thought it should.  But if you know
an AN  number, entering, say, "AN 150" in the search box on the home
page will list all or at least most of the AN-150 application notes.

Another source of HP information is http://www.hparchive.com   They have
some app notes and equipment manuals for some really old HP equipment.
They also have PDFs of scanned HP catalogs.  I find it useful to have HP
catalogs since they provide a description and specs for any equipment I
might want to pick up at a hamfest or on eBay.

73,
Gary