Integrated Transportation System?

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 11 23:51:49 CST 2008

Tacoistas,

We had a very informative talk on Thursday night about all kinds of
different aspects of transportation related systems and their use of
radio signals.  The talk was given by Paul Najarian who works on this
for the NTIA.

We found an article where a 14 year old was able to figure out how the
tram system in Poland worked and then fabricated a controller similar to
a TV remote control.  He was able to control the trams and had a much
better train system than the one I had as a youngster built by Lionel.
Alas, the skills needed to avoid accidents did not come with the control
knowledge and bad things happened.  For details see

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/11/tram_hack/

Frank K0BRA