Tech Net news. 6m radio buy project, photo links

Tom Azlin, N4ZPT n4zpt at cox.net
Thu Jan 31 09:59:27 CST 2008

Sounds good Mike.

Sorry to hear the net was a bust.  VWS has a Tuesday night digital net
that has had from no one answer the NCS to folks from Boston to North
Carolina answer.  So understand the ups and downs.

The trip appears to have been productive. Why are the Syntech II radios
best for the scatter experiments? Guess I will go check the previous
messages.

73, Tom n4zpt

Michael Chisena wrote:
> The News.
>

>   Hi all,
>   Been a busy week.
>

>   Here are the highlights.
>

>   Last Tuesday’s tech net was a bust.
>   One guy from WVA showed up, but couldn't’t take part due to a TVI issue.
>   I spent a little bit talking to my self.
>   Was not improved by the experience.
>   I couldn't’t be around to promote it, so this is what happens.
>   My bad.

[snip]

>   We also got a small number of Syntech II radios.
>   Less than 20 I think. Frank moved most of those.
>   These may become high speed data radios for a Loundon Co Virginia ARES project.
>   To be determined.
[snip]

>   The price may be adjusted a bit. Remember Value Added.
>   Included in the price of the radio will be a one year membership to AMRAD.
>   Also a one year membership to NVFMA.
>   AMRAD got the radios, NVFMA  has the repeater, not a bad mix.
>   A 22 channel radio, two club memberships, for less than 120 bucks
>   Value Added is here. The disk with the manual, files, and vendor data.
>   The service manual and the program tend to be expensive if you have to buy them seperately.

[snip]