Fw: [softrock40] Spectrometer Experiment

Terry Fox wb4jfi at knology.net
Tue Feb 5 10:21:51 CST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: Edson Pereira
To: softrock40 at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 6:55 AM
Subject: [softrock40] Spectrometer Experiment

Hello SoftRockers!

This past weekend I have completed the implementation of an experiment that captures 1 minute of a 48 kHz segment on 20m (centered in 14080.0 kHz) using a SDRZero, a quadrature receiver similar to the SoftRock. The samples feed a complex 4800-point FFT and a .png image with the one minute spectrogram and a cumulative power spectrum is generated and uploaded to a web site for display. In the next few days I will be adding some more funcionality to capture 3 minutes of 400 Hz centered on 14060 MHz with a 1 Hz resolution.

The spectrometer is located in Antarctica at GC07tw.

More info at:

http://ewpereira.info/spectrometer/Antarctic/
http://www.appr.org.br/spectrometer.php?qth=GC07tw

The spectrometer could be used for some interesting QRS experiments. The following is a comparison of two QRS signals transmitted from the same city in Minas Gerais, Brazil, using the same power, but different antennas, a dipole and a 3-element yagi.

http://www.appr.org.br/spectrometer.php?qth=GC07tw&img=GC07tw_02000.jpg

The following is PY4ZBZ plotting his callsign on the spectrogram.

http://www.appr.org.br/spectrometer.php?qth=GC07tw&img=GC07tw_01300.jpg

73,

-- Edson, pu1jte, n1vtn, jf1afn

__._,_.___