6m Coverage

Michael O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Tue Feb 5 21:56:48 CST 2008

Gary Chatters wrote:
> 51.86  W1ZFB Fredericksburg covers in to Maryland.  You might be able to
> hit it from Annapolis.  It does have PL.
>
> Not on your list:
> 53.13  W4HFH Alexandria  PL 107.2
>
> Not up:
> 51.96 N3NRI Cascade, MD - off the air due to equipment problems
> 53.99 K3MAD Frederick - not on the air yet.   They have good coverage on
> 2M, but 6M is under construction.
>
> Any idea who is on 51.98?  It's not on any list that I have seen
> (T-MARC, ARCC).
>
> Some additional bits of data edited into the list.
>
> 73,
> Gary
>
> Robert Bruninga wrote:
>> Since Mike's emails arrive with no paragraphs and just run all
>> together, I thought I would repost this so others can share
>> their
>> Info too
>>
>> FREQ   A  R  W  M  B  W  F
>>        N  S  B  N  A  S  R
>>        N  T  R  S  L  H  D
>>        A  O  G  A  T  D  C
>>        P  N  E  S  O  C  K  Repeater info added.
>> -----  -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ----------
>> 53.01  -                    Unknown
>> 53.09  R                    K3PZN Westminster, Carroll County ARC
>> 53.15  -                    N3GXH Randallstown - status unknown
>> 53.25  RT                   N3AGB Ashton, Ashton RCS (K3WX)
>> 53.27  RT                   KV3B  Germantown, Montgomery ARC
>> 53.47  R                    N3KTX Catonsville, PL 107.1
>> 52.525 RT                   National Simplex
>> 53.61  RT                   NVFMA, PL 67.0
>> 53.69  -                    Unknown
>> 51.86  -                    W1ZFB Fredericksburg,  PL 127.3
>> 51.88  -                    Unknown
>> 51.94  R                    N4MDK Front Royal,  PL 141.3
>> 51.98  R                    Unknown
>>
>> R means Receivable
>> T means Transmit
>>
>> Bob, WB4APR

hmmm - if i can find the really-and-truly Yeasu
"ducky-with-the-blob-on-top" for my VX5 i'll
take it into work with me and see what i can
hit from the 8th floor in Chevy Chase Center.

their claim is that the VX5 can do 6 meters and that
their "6m/2m/440 ducky-stick" radiates some
better on 6m than a dummy load.

it'll be fun to find out

	-mo