Balloon Launch Information Bulletins

Tom Azlin, N4ZPT n4zpt at cox.net
Thu Feb 7 15:45:58 CST 2008

Thanks Bob,

You just connected to the VWS "powers that be" or at least to me, the
VWS balloon program coordinator.

Several of us that attended the MD-DC briefing you gave were thinking to
use APRS messaging to coordinate our launch and recovery teams instead
of trying HF. We tested this the last launch in that we could see each
others beacons via digipeaters. I would be happy to put out bulletins on
our launch and recovery. Our team itself could use the bulletins rather
than my directing messages to each team.

Do we have to be careful on the selection of bulletin numbers to not
wipe out some other person's beacon?  Or are they indexed to the sender.
Guess I will go look it up!

73, tom n4zpt
Vienna Wireless Society Balloon Coordinator