Gray-Hoverman Antenna

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 15 17:12:32 CDT 2008

Tacoistas,

There is a bit of work going on with an old TV antenna design and now a
note about it on the current Slashdot.

Some fellows have used modern antenna modeling to get an antenna design
that would seem to cover the digital UHF channels about right and have
some useful gain.  It is based on the Hoverman design but improved. The
design is covered under GPL3 so all is revealed and we can play and
tweak as we choose.

We could even manufacture if we want. With the upcoming cutover to
digital TV this might have some consumer demand.

See http://www.digitalhome.ca/ota/superantenna/

This kind of work is very much along the lines of AMRAD's interests and
purpose.  I would like to have someone build one up, test it, tweak it
and let us show it off at the AMRAD booths at upcoming hamfests. We
might attract some antenna experimenter members.  Any takerw?

Frank K0BRA